IT STILL WORKS!!

My controller doesn't look like that anymore.
So, I'm really enjoying my PS4 and my Wii U and I still play my 360 (Mostly for The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us) from time to time. One day I was looking at the cabinet that houses all of my consoles, past and present. I could clearly see my Dreamcast, my Gamecube, my Super Nintendo and the Nintendo 64. Then, I realised I didn't see the PS2. Naturally, I began to panic. Searching high and low and all of the space inbetween, I finally found it standing behind my TV. As soon as I found it, I felt I had to make an attempt at booting it up and playing it. I somehow managed to find all of the hookups (The power cable and Scart lead) and once I had set all of that up, the moment of truth arrived.....

I turned the console on and the most disgusting sound came from the PS2. The sound sent shivers down my spine. But, despite this the PS2 booted up! I couldn't believe it! After more than five years of lying dormant, the PS2 still had life and energy coursing through it! I'm not going to lie, I was more than overjoyed, I had to praise Sony for their brilliant build quality. I had the chance to play some games I grew up playing! A chance to relive a part of my childhood! The first game I had to play, GTA: San Andreas. For me and my siblings alike, San Andreas and Vice City are our favorite GTA games. Don't get me wrong, I love GTA V but, Vice City and San Andreas are better for one main reason. The music.

I'm going to stop talking about GTA now, before this post becomes a GTA-centric post instead of focussing on the PS2.

I went through some other games like: Bully (Canis Canem Edit), The Sims, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Final Fantasy X, FFXII, Onimusha 3 and Dawn of Dreams, The Godfather and a few more. I was just so surprised that all of the games still worked and  the console was still in working condition.

Ever since that day, I take time to play the PS2 every so often. Once I found out it that it still works, I had to tried to use the other older consoles I own. I am happy to report that they also work! It's cool to have the latest consoles and I enjoy them very much. But, the nostalgic feeling that comes with playing consoles from your childhood is really nice.

Well, that was me taking a step back in time for a bit of oldtime fun! What about you? Do you still play older consoles? I would love to get your view on this! Don't forget to comment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silly Sony

Switch Hype

Jrspesh's Return/Finally got a Switch!