My problems with the Xbox One

Sorry, you are not the ONE  for me.

Before you even say it. NO, I AM NOT A SONY FANBOY!! In fact, I don't own a PS3 or a Vita. The last Sony console I bought was PS2, I skipped the PS3. I didn't buy an Xbox but I bought an Xbox 360. So as you can see, I'm not really loyal to either. I like both for different reasons I also hate both for different reasons.  But that is a discussion for a different day. I've been having trouble deciding how I was going to write this. I was going to write an essay, but who has time to read that? Nobody, that's who. So I've decided to do a list, because who doesn't love a list? 


  1. The price - Seriously, Microsoft must think I'm made of money (Last time I checked, I wasn't) I can't afford a £429 (According to Amazon UK) price tag. It may not sound like a lot, but when you consider that doesn't include games, which will probably be £50. The numbers start to add up. I know you get the Kinect with the console, but that's only because it won't work without one. I mean Microsoft actually think I'm going to be a voice control remote for my TV, when I already have a remote that works perfectly fine. No Microsoft. Just no.
  2. Offline Play - Even though Microsoft have now reversed their decision to have consumers check-in online every 24 hours in order to play. I still don't think I'm convinced by them. They had the crazy idea in the first place. That's bad enough for me. When I heard about the plan to give players only one hour to play with their library of games if they were playing on a different system until they reconnected to the internet. I was so angry. It got to the point where Microsoft were dictating and controlling how and when you could play games on a console you bought. Shocking, Simply Shocking.
  3. Lack of any real exciting exclusive games.....so far - I'm sorry but Microsoft disappointed me this E3. Killer Instinct was a nice surprise, until I found out it was free-to-play (Groan). Halo 5 was obvious and I don't like Halo that much to get excited. Metal Gear Solid V was cool but I'm not entirely convinced by the open world element. Not to mention its multiplatform.
  4. Constantly reversing their decisions - Seriously, Microsoft. Make a decision and just stick with it. First it was the used game fiasco and now they have reversed their decision to bundle the headset with the console. COME ON!! You shouldn't even have to think about giving the customer something like that, much less deciding to give it to them, then changing your mind and then reverting back to the previous decision. This has made me worried about what else Microsoft could change in the future and how drastic the changes could be.
  5. Microsoft marketing - This is something I have only noticed recently. Since the announcement of the new console Microsoft have been really pushing the fact the console is the all-in-one device. I get Microsoft, move onto something new, (and I thought the Wii gimmick was bad). Now they have released an unboxing video (groan) it's pretty informative but, at the same time it feels like you're watching an annoying salesman try to sell you something, I hate that. 
  6. The need to have a Gold membership for absolutely everything - I know Microsoft wants to make money from the service but I think they have taken it too far with the Xbox 360 which I know they will continue with Xbox One. (E.G. Needing to have a Gold membership to use YouTube, which is already free and Netflix which I am already paying a monthly fee for). I just don't think it's necessary to force everyone who owns an Xbox 360/One to have a Gold membership just so they can use their console to its full potential.
(For those that can't see the video try this)

I was pretty harsh on Microsoft and Xbox One there. But don't worry. Nintendo and Sony are next. 

Don't forget to comment!!



Comments

  1. I agree with this article completely. I just hate Microsoft in general. I didn't care for the Xbox 360 at all, and this console just seems like a duplicated version of that, since they reversed all of their policies on their new console. Just my thoughts, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think that Microsoft are being ridiculous! I have a 360, but I'm not getting an Xbox One. It's PS4 all the way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silly Sony

Switch Hype

Jrspesh's Return/Finally got a Switch!